LA06.011_Effective Aid Coordination in Lao PDR Policy Implication For Power Sector Development
NEW CONTRIBUTION OF THE DISSERTATION
Topic: Effective Aid Coordination in Lao PDR: Policy Implication For Power Sector Development
Major: Investment Economics (Development Economics)
PhD Student: Khammany INTHIRATH
Supervisor: Assoc Prof Dr NGUYEN Thanh Ha
New Theoretical contribution
The Dissertation has provided:
1. A comprehensive review of related literatures regarding the use of external aid in Lao PDR in general, and in the power sector in particular.
2. An overall picture of how external aid is us and coordinated in Lao PDR in general, and the power sector in particular.
3. Some possible lessons that Lao PDR could learn in order to use external aid most effectively.
New Recommendations from the research
The Dissertation has particularly proposed some policies for the development of the power sector:
1. Continue improve and secure of the stability politic climate, social security.
2. Improve and maintain the activities that can support the investment.
3. Improve management effectiveness to ODA and foreign direct investment.
4. Improve aid delivery and coordination in Laos.
(i) a stronger program based approach is necessary.
(ii) a sector-wide-approach, should be implemented similar to the program based approach but applied to a concrete sector.
(iii) a direct budget support system is required.
(iv) reduce the numbers of agencies working in one sector to improve coordination of aid in Laos.
Leave a Reply